11 January, 2011

Chasing Zero

   Chasing zero is a group of people who are trying to make zero human errors happen in hospitals. We watched a video on it in health science class last week. I guess it really hit me because I am really prone to error and most of the time I just shrug it off. It might bother me a bit before I go to sleep but that's it. Well.. this lady accidently killed a  young woman and her baby by making a simple human error in a hospital. Which, was mostly the hospitals fault for a faulty system. However, if I was her... knowing I had done something that terrible would haunt me for the rest of my life.
Later that week, at my job, we discussed making no mistakes in the work place and chasing zero came back to mind..
   Chasing zero doesn't just have to be in healthcare. Everyone should chase zero human error in everything that they do. No one is perfect so of course this would be impossible to do, but if everyone tried a little harder not to make silly mistakes that could be life changing.. and not necessarily life changing but just changing a moment in time... this world would be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment