20 June, 2010

Jobs & Careers

I believe that the difference in between a job and a career is that a job is something you have to do to get by or to earn what you need. It may not always be what you want to do, or be the cleanest work place out there. A career, however, is what you choose to do. It has qualities that you look for and the facilities that meet your standards. With the economy like it is, and me living in a small community and having no previous work experience, I find it impossible to get a job. I have put in an application in over twenty different places, and have not received even one call. I have also contacted several of them, and never had a confirmed interview. This upsets me because I really need the money to go towards future things. Such as a place to live, college, car, and bills, it is not like I would be blowing it all-I need it in savings now, so I will have it when I graduate this coming May. This is very upsetting. =[

No comments:

Post a Comment